We serve youngsters from birth through age 24
At North Shore Child & Family Guidance Center, we work with many young people who are going through tough times. In fact, 1 in 5 kids nationwide have problems like depression, anxiety and worry. Some kids are so desperate they think about hurting themselves.
If you are experiencing a number of warning signs over a period of time, don’t be ashamed to ask your parents or school counselors about getting help.
Here are the warning signs to look for:
- Grades are dropping
- Mood swings that don’t fit the situation
- Frequent loss of temper
- Feelings of intense sadness
- Thoughts about hurting yourself or someone else
- Losing interest in activities
- Sudden change in friends or avoidance of positive friendships
- Deliberately trying not to fit in with peers
- Becoming secretive
- Failing to go along with rules and limits
- Feeling the need to avoid consequences for misbehavior
- Turning to lying
- Experimenting with alcohol and drugs
- More surly and defiant than ever
- Spending too much time alone or sleeping
With the proper help things can get easier. Using mental health counseling is a sign of strength and maturity as opposed to weakness or failure. And, when you come to the right place for help, you will feel better and your life will improve. We can be that place for you or for someone you care about who needs help.
Feel Free To Call Us At (516) 626-1971 If You Would Like More Information – Say That You Want To Know More About The Guidance Center And How We Can Help.